Great opportunity for a seasonal tax preparer in upcoming tax season! (January – April).
We are a local accounting firm that takes pride in serving our clients and the people in our community.
We want to talk to you if you:
- have experience working as a seasonal tax preparer with a large franchise;
- you are a retired accounting professional looking to earn some extra income; and/or
- want to prepare taxes without being pressured to sell other products and services.
Candidates who are best suited for this position will have previous experience preparing a wide variety of personal and business tax returns and are detail oriented.
Since this is a seasonal position you will be required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week with flexible hours as needed.
Essential functions for this position:
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Be proficient in the preparation of individual and Schedule C tax returns.
- Prepare returns using INTUIT PROSERIES software.
- Understand the current tax code.
- Effectively communicate with clients and staff to efficiently complete tax returns.
- Answer client questions regarding their tax situation and provide solutions
Education, Experience, and Skills Preferred:
- 3+ years experience preparing tax returns for individuals, and small business.
- Proficiency with computer, spreadsheet software program, and calculator.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and income taxes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Competitive pay and a friendly work environment make this a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
Send your coverletter and resume to: email@example.com